Osun State Government says it is mobilising all available human and material resources to tackle the ravaging Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in the state.
The State Deputy Governor, Mr Benedict Alabi, who also doubles as the Chairman, Osun COVID-19 Task Force, said that the state government was satisfied with efforts made so far to curb the spread of the virus in the state.
Alabi, while briefing newsmen on Friday in Osogbo, commended Gov. Gboyega Oyetola, for being proactive and his laudable level of commitment to activities of the task force to flatten the curve of the pandemic.
“I will like to commend Oyetola for providing leadership and for giving the needed support to fight this battle against the ravaging pandemic in Osun.
“With the level of preparedness of our governor, we were able to rise up to the occasion on time in curbing the spread of the pandemic, which helps to keep the figures relatively minimal,” he said.
The deputy governor said that Osun had more than 350 beds in its isolation centres, aside the ICU facility put in place.
He said the state government had also trained more than four thousand medical personnel to combat the virus.
Alabi, however, reiterated the resolve of the task force not to rest on its oars at ensuring that the spread of COVID-19 was contained.
He added that sample testing of suspected cases and enforcement of precautionary measures remained effective in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), the state has 47 confirmed cases.
It also has 35 treated and discharged, eight currently receiving treatment at isolation centre and four deaths recorded.(NAN)